22 June 2008

Second after the First

Do not get confused when reading my above title. KIMIku finished second in Grand Prix de France (Nevers Magny-Cours circuit) after the trouble he had regarding his broken exhaust. Oh well, it's a lot better than not getting any point, but frankly speaking, it could've been A LOT better for him as well if the car was OK. But I must confess... The Iceman did a very splendid great job! Despite the trouble he had with the car's exhaust (did you guys see the car after the race... quite awful!)
French Grand Prix - Kimi's quote
Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (2nd): "Obviously I am a bit disappointed because I had hoped to win. Unfortunately, the right exhaust pipe broke just before half-distance and the engine lost a lot of power, especially on the straight after the slow corners. After a few laps, the situation seemed better, but towards the end of the race, I ran the risk of stopping. This sort of thing can happen in racing and I have to try and look on the bright side: eight points are still a good amount and the one-two finish is a great result for the team. Luckily, I had built up quite a good lead in the first part thanks to a car that was really very competitive. The F2008 is definitely very strong because usually, when you have this sort of problem, retirement is almost inevitable. There is still a long way to go in the championship and I am in a better position than I was at this stage last year: let's see what I can do in the next part of the series."
Go KIMI... Go KIMI !!! You'll never walk alone ^^ ! We'll always support you! ^^
Here's the final result of the race: Click on image for large size

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interviewer: The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?_________ Kimi: It protects my head.